Wikibuli Terms and Conditions
1. Services: Wikibuli Communications Inc. (hereinafter referred to as "Wiki") is a telecommunications services provider and agrees to provide to the Customer Residential Internet service as selected on the Agreement.
2. Term: This Agreement shall come into force upon the successful test and turn-up of the service(s), by the Customer and by Wiki, and will have a Term of 12 months. This Agreement can be cancelled by either party with thirty (30) days’ written notice. Written notice can be delivered via mail, email or fax.
3. Payment Terms: The Customer will be invoiced one month in advance by WIki for the services to be used during that billing cycle. Any usage-based charges are billed the month after actual use. The Customer shall pay all taxes arising out of the provision of the facilities or the service, whether imposed now or in the future. Any amounts due hereunder that are not paid when due shall accrue interest at the rate of one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month (19.56% per annum), or the maximum rate allowed by law, if lower, compounded daily, beginning on the day following the date on which payment was due, continuing until paid in full. Wiki may terminate service immediately if the Customer does not pay for services within15 days of the invoice being issued.
4. Confidentiality of Customer Records: Unless the Customer consents in writing or disclosure is required by law, all information kept by Wiki regarding the Customer other, than the Customer's name and address, shall be confidential and shall not be disclosed by Wiki to anyone other than the Customer; a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Wiki, is seeking the information as an agent of the Customer; or an agent retained by Wiki in the collection of the Customer's account, provided the information is required and is to be used only for that purpose.
5. Acceptable Use Policy: The Customer agrees to Wiki’s acceptable use policy, available at www.wikibuli.com . The AUP is updated from time to time and it is the Customer’s responsibility to review the policy periodically.
6. Rate Changes: Wiki reserves the right to withdraw the Wiki Service to specific locations and/or modify the monthly interconnection charges and/or usage charges with seven (7) days advance notice to Customer. Wiki may increase or decrease rates for the Wiki Service subject to at least seven (7) calendar days advance written notice of rate changes to Customer.
7. Coverage: Service is subject to availability as per Wiki’s growing network and on-net coverage area; please confirm coverage in your area at www.wikibuli.com.
8. Limitation of Liability: Wiki shall not be liable to the applicant for any indirect, special or consequential damages, including without limitation, loss of revenue, data, or profits, arising out of the Agreement or anything done or maintained hereunder or anything not done or maintained as required hereunder, even if such damages were foreseeable or resulted from a breach of this Agreement. Customer acknowledges that the facilities and services are provided on an AS IS basis without warranties or conditions whatsoever, including without limitation any warranties or conditions of merchantable quality or fitness for a particular purpose, or those arising by statute or from a course of dealing or usage of trade.
9. Force Majeure: (a) Wiki and Customer shall be excused from their respective contractual obligations (other than those for the payment of money), if they are prevented or delayed in such performance by any event which is unavoidable or beyond reasonable control including, without limitation, act of God, act of the Queen's enemies, weather, natural disaster, expropriation, fire or explosion, strikes, lockouts, walkouts, or other industrial disputes, war, sabotage, riot, insurrection, labor shortages, power or fuel shortages, the act or failure to act of any government or regulatory body. (b) All time periods provided for in this Agreement (except the Term), shall be extended for a period equal to the period in which the event of force majeure is continuing and so for as reasonable possible, the party affected will take all reasonable steps to remedy the event of force majeure, provided however, that nothing contained in this paragraph shall require any party to settle any industrial dispute or to test the constitutionality of any federal, provincial or municipal law. In the event of force majeure, the party affected shall give prompt written notice to the other party describing the event in question in reasonable detail, and such party shall furnish prompt notice when the condition of force majeure has ended.
10. Return of Equipment: Upon cancellation, default, or termination of this Agreement, the Customer must immediately return Wiki or allow Wiki to remove all equipment and materials provided by Wiki to deliver the service.
11. Entire Agreement: This Agreement contains the entire Agreement of the parties hereto with respect to the facilities and the services, and supersedes all prior Agreements and understanding, oral or written, with respect thereto and shall not be modified or amended by written Agreement signed by the parties hereto.
12. Governing Law: This Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Dominica.
More about Wikibuli
Operational EfficienciesWe enable our customers to increase the value of services they receive while reducing telecom costs.
Competitive AdvantageThrough our experience and technology we allow our customers to worry free services and a keep business ahead of their competition.
Commitment to QualityWe deliver solutions without sacrifice to the Quality of Service requirements of our customers.
Understanding Your SolutionAdapt our services to meet the unique customer expectations of the residential, business and call centre markets.
Country Communications is a Canadian provider of advanced telecommunications solutions designed to meet the demanding requirements of today’s home, business and service provider markets. We deliver solutions to our customer’s tailor made to the specific needs
The management team has worked in the ever evolving carrier and service provider sector for over the past 50 years. Our strong relationships with major fixed line and wireless carriers around the globe have allowed us to successfully enable client operations throughout North America, Asia, the EU, the Caribbean and the Middle East. Country Communications is equipped to deliver the best in SIP solutions.
Country Communications Inc. is a privately funded company with its head office located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada with switching facilities located in key global telecom markets around the world including the United Kingdom, United States and Dominica, . We also have branch offices in the Caribbean to support our engineering, deployment and Near Shore Outsourcing client programs.
Our Development Team has designed most our service applications including:
- Audio Conferencing
- Interactive Voice Response
- Cloud Receptionist
- Real Time Billing Systems
- Local, Toll Free and Global Number Access Platforms
We have over 3500 CLEC, ILEC & Inter Carrier connections across North America & Europe. We supply to telecom services for fundraising to major hospitals & associations in the GTA. We have been providing and consulting to major global carriers for VoIP/SIP since 2005.